Friday, August 20, 2010

Art Is My Bag, Baby ;D

Since I plan on participating in The Sketchbook Project again in the future, I figured I could make a cute little bag to carry my art supplies around in, without it being unused after I finished my sketchbook (I've wanted something like this for a while)

I stole the material off Sal's mom, so it was free. Along with the needle & thread.

I bought a bag of random sewing-type things at a thrift store for 50 cents, which produced the ribbon & the snap on the front (although the only reason I bought that bag was for some snaps, so technically even those 2 things were free)

This took me about 6 hours from start to finish, & a lot of it was just me BSing my way through *LOL*



The front, with the cute little snap. I want to get something to cover up my 'awesome' sewing job that's keeping it in place



& the inside - in order, there's a pen to write down ideas, a notebook for ideas, my sketchbook, a ruler, my transferring pencil, a mechanical pencil with regular lead, a mechanical pencil with coloured (purple) lead inside, an inking pen, an eraser pen, & an eraser

2 comments:

  1. I’m jealous! I have been thinking of making myself something like this – but haven’t got off my but! Like a grown up crayon roll! Enjoy it I am sure it will be really handy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heheh, I was looking for a reason to make something like this - I've wanted a crayon roll for YEARS, & although I have a book for my pencil crayons, where they slide right in, I always wanted something more customized :D

    ReplyDelete