Okay, so I didn't have a clue what I was doing, I will just point this out up front. I took it & ran with it, keeping my fingers crossed that I didn't destroy it beyond repair :D
I cut out the threads holding the pages in place, & took them out of the papers.
I set most of the papers aside, keeping one as a template for the original holes
I took a bunch of cardstock (15 pieces), folded them in half, then laid them flat again. Using the piece of paper I set aside, I put it on top of each individual piece of cardstock & marked dots where the sketchbook was originally bound down the middle.
I used a needle to poke holes in each piece of cardstock, where the marks were, then lined them up as best I could, put the cover on top, & sewed it all together with some thread. I doubled up on the thread through the needle (just like as if I was sewing cloth or something), & went through each hole twice (mostly... I ran out of thread & patience about 4 holes from the bottom, so I figured it was good enough)
A lot of the holes didn't line up & had to be re-made as I went along, & it was a LOT of hard work... I broke a lot of needles trying to push them through... I ended up with my boyfriend helping out with a lot of it because my fingers were so sore from pushing needles through (they hurt for a few days after as well)
All in all, it took me about 10 hours divided between 2 days to finish, & it was a pain in the ass. But I know if I sign up for this project again (which is VERY likely), I'll probably do it all over again
If anyone has any tips that would make it easier, I know I'd love to hear them (& I'm sure I'm not the only one!!!)
Also... Ubuntu & I have made piece & are staying together for the