Sunday, July 18, 2010

Finally, an update!

It's not that I haven't been finishing any art, it's just that I've been really busy; too busy to upload in fact! So now you get it all at once!
This is my sketchbook for the Sketchbook Project. It's nowhere near done, but I'm happy with the progress I'm making
the theme is 'Happy Thoughts'

The Front Cover


& the back


Me & Sal watching the clouds roll by

Mmm, tasty tasty bento! I love food that looks pretty :D

I love sunsets - I used memories of walking in the woods behind my grandmothers house when I was young for this picture

I've always liked turtles - I don't know why, I just find them cute :D

I love tiger lilies! I think they're my favourite flower. & I love drawing on coloured cardstock, as it looks like oil pastels

Mmmm, sushi. I'm sensing a Japanese theme in this book :)

I drew this when I realized that it didn't all have to be serious. I'm actually having more fun with it now, now that I'm drawing absurd things too :D Absurdity makes me happy XD

One of the few dual-page pieces I'll be doing. I'm going to try to draw on both sides of the pages, but a) I use pencil crayons which means if I want to draw on both sides, I'll have to get a spray fixitive so it doesn't rub off on the other picture, & b) sometimes I use sharpies for large sections of black, which can be seen on the back of the page. I'm thinking maybe little doodles or something on the back of the pages & full finished pieces on the front of the page.

Who doesn't like cooking (especially marshmallows) over a campfire?

Again with the Japanese culture :D

Although this may not look like it belongs in a 'Happy Thoughts' themed book, this thing has brought me so much happiness. I picked it up at a second hand store, & when I got it, it didn't have the second eye coloured in. What you're supposed to do is make a wish on it, & when the wish comes true, you colour in the second eye. If it doesn't come true by the end of the year, you burn it & vow to work at obtaining your wish in a different way.
My wish had been that I would finally be happy. Sal came into my life, & I got to colour in the other eye almost a year ago. :D Darumas (& Japanese culture) have always intrigued me

No comments:

Post a Comment